Carolyn Spicer Russ
Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Phone: (412) 487-3997
Fax: (412) 487-3525
Attorney Carolyn Spicer Russ focuses her practice on estate planning, estate administration, real estate, and elder law.
Areas of Practice
Estate planning – Carolyn Russ guides clients in preparation of wills, trusts, powers of attorney, and living wills. She advises on ways to avoid probate and minimize taxes. She also educates clients on the importance of will substitutes like joint accounts and life insurance and retirement account beneficiary designations.
Estate administration – Carolyn Russ assists heirs in handling the probate process, preparing inheritance tax returns and meeting the requirements of the Register of Wills and the Department of Revenue.
Elder law – Carolyn Russ counsels clients who seek to protect assets in the event of admission to a nursing home, and assists families with Medicaid applications.
- Pennsylvania, 1982
- U.S. District Court Western District of Pennsylvania, 1982
- Continuing legal education – Carolyn Russ is committed to continually expanding her knowledge of fields where the law and practice and expectations are continually changing and growing. She regards continuing education as an absolute necessity.
- George Washington University National Law Center, Washington, District of Columbia
- J.D. – 1979
- University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States
- International Relations – 1970
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Allegheny County Bar Association-Elder Law Committee, Member
- Pennsylvania Bar Association, Member, Real Property, Probate and Trust Law Section
- Board of Directors of Ecumeinical Community of Chatauqua
Community and World Service (a sampling)
- Peace Corps Volunteer, Morocco
- Functional Literacy Ministry of Haiti, former board member, current volunteer
- A lifetime of church work, currently at East Liberty Presbyterian Church
- AFS high school exchange program – Host to nine students